Endocyte welcomes those who thrive on new challenges, values creativity, enjoys an entrepreneurial environment, and shares our vision for developing new and better medicines. We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Endocyte is currently seeking a detail-oriented and professional Analytical Chemist to add to its team. The Analytical Chemist is responsible for evaluating the physical and chemical characteristics of raw materials, intermediates, APIs, and drug products utilizing approved laboratory methods or developing new methods. The incumbent documents these activities and formalizes analytical methods to be utilized in the future assuring regulatory compliance and transferability. These activities support drug development efforts and the Corporate Stability Program for APIs and drug products.
- Reviews current approved analytical protocols and test procedures for process improvement opportunities and/or new or revised regulatory requirements. Develops revised methodology where appropriate.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analytical tests utilizing approved protocols and test procedures to support the receipt and release of raw materials, intermediates, APIs and drug products and/or to evaluate unknowns, new materials, and/or new formulations in support of development chemists’ efforts (e.g., identification, characterization, degradation studies).
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analytical tests utilizing approved protocols and test procedures to establish and maintain reference and working standards required for the evaluation of APIs and drug products. This includes the characterization, potency, moisture, and purity of reference standards and the preparation, packaging, testing, and inventory maintenance of working standards. Supports vendor contracted to manufacture standards as appropriate.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analytical tests utilizing approved protocols and test procedures in support of the Stability Testing Program for APIs and drug products.
- Documents laboratory activities and maintains laboratory notebook. This notebook is numbered, signed out, and is part of Corporate record retention guidelines.
- Formalizes analytical methods to be utilized in the evaluation of raw materials, intermediate, APIs, and drug products and creates protocols and test procedures to be followed in future testing.
- Performs peer review of other analytical research associates’ methods, results, and documentation.
- Assists with instrument qualification, metrology, and maintenance.
- Creates, reviews, and/or revises laboratory SOPs when appropriate.
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Analytical Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Science or related field with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical analytical laboratory setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of analytical techniques including UPLC/HPLC, LC/MS, GC, UV-Vis Spectrophotometry , infrared spectroscopy, and Karl Fischer titration.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical development for sterile, parenteral products.
- Familiarity with cGMP regulations and FDA and ICH guidelines.
To apply for the Analytical Chemist position, click here.
Endocyte is currently seeking a detail-oriented and professional Associate Biologist to add to its team. The Associate Biologist works on animal-related assignments that are moderately complex in nature. Judgment is required in resolving problems and in making routine recommendations.
- Plans and conducts animal testing for assigned studies. Establishes timelines, needs, and processes to be used.
- Procures the mice required for the study and maintains them on proper diets.
- Coordinates drug sample needs.
- Prepares the study-specific documentation required for submission to IACUC/LAP.
- Performs technical procedures (anesthesia, induction/implantation, dosing, blood draw, monitoring/scoring, end point euthanasia, sample collection)
- Performs data recording, data entry, graphing, and presentation in research meetings
- Receives laboratory animals housed at the Endocyte West Lafayette facility.
- Provides daily care of laboratory animals housed at the Endocyte West Lafayette facility to ensure that they are maintained according to ILAR guidelines and Good Laboratory Procedures (GCPs) and monitors the animals for health and well-being, including Sentinel processing if needed.
- Arranges for proper disposal of animals (e.g., ADDL runs) and supplies used in research (e.g., sharps).
- Maintains stock of appropriate animal food and supplies (e.g., bottles, CO2 tanks) and provides proper maintenance of cages.
- May assist other sub-groups within the biology department in research, studies and documentation
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates Degree, or vocational or technical school degree (usually about 2 years) with a minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and handle laboratory animals
- Demonstrated knowledge of lab animal science guidelines/laws and welfare laws.
- Excellent oral communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively with associates and vendors.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is expected.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Bachelors’ or Masters’ of Science in animal science or related field. To apply for the Associate Biologist position, click here.
If your qualifications and interests match one of our open positions, please send us your resume.
Attn: Human Resources,
3000 Kent Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47906
At Endocyte, we know technology drives succss, but people are the heart of that achievement. We are committed to nurturing an atmosphere where creative thinking thrives and employees develop their full potential. Every day, at all levels of the organization, we work to make each individual feel included and appreciated. Endocyte is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, designed to meet its employees’ needs and those of their families.