Be part of our vision to advance precision medicine
Endocyte welcomes those who thrive on new challenges, value creativity, enjoy an entrepreneurial environment, and share our vision for developing new and better medicines.
If your qualifications and interests match one of our open positions, please send us your résumé.
Attn: Human Resources
3000 Kent Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47906
Endocyte is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following professional positions:
Endocyte is currently hiring for a Research Associate to oversee the daily activities and operations of the animal facilities to insure that the care and maintenance of the animals comply with Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs). The incumbent manages the coordination of the activities of animal caretakers and serves as advisor to meet schedules and/or resolve problems. The incumbent is responsible for planning, initiating and conducting assigned animal studies and for insuring adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and protocols. The incumbent also trains employees in proper animal handling techniques.
As a Research Associate with Endocyte, your essential job responsibilities include:
- Plan and establish timelines, needs and process to be used for assigned studies.
- Prepare study specific documentation required for submission to IACUC/LAP.
- Travel to field sites to monitor and conduct studies.
- Procure mice required for the study and maintain them on proper diets.
- Coordinate drug sample needs with discovery chemist.
- Perform IV, IP, SQ and ID injections plus blood/sample collection along with scheduled observation of test animals; health including weight during study.
- Utilize mouse anesthesia and aseptic surgery and utilize radioactive compounds.
- Perform animal necropsy and specimen collection.
- Ship specimens to contract pathologist or laboratory, provide follow up and receive results.
- Performs appropriate analysis of the data and provides management with the final report.
- Create and implement animal care procedures to be followed in order to ensure that all animals associated with Endocyte studies are maintained according to ILAR guidelines.
- Routinely monitor the health of animals housed at the facility.
- Monitor and maintain animal inventory housed at the facility to assure the level is adequate to support Endocyte needs and that the level is accurately reflected in billing statements.
- Oversees inventory for research supplies/tools regarding in vivo studies.
As a Research Associate with Endocyte you must possess good written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills. Other qualifications include:
- A B.S. in Animal Sciences or related field is required with a minimum of 5 years of related animal handling experience. The incumbent must be able to work independently and in small groups. Experience with Microsoft Office, IV injection, ability to lift 2-3 pounds above head continuously is preferred.
At Endocyte, we know technology drives success, but people are the heart of that achievement. We are committed to nurturing an atmosphere where creative thinking thrives and employees develop their full potential. Every day, at all levels of the organization, we work to make each individual feel included and appreciated. Endocyte is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, designed to meet its employees’ needs and those of their families.