Endocyte welcomes those who thrive on new challenges, values creativity, enjoys an entrepreneurial environment, and shares our vision for developing new and better medicines. We are currently accepting applications for the following position:
Endocyte is currently seeking a detail-oriented and professional Analytical Chemist to add to its team. The Analytical Chemist is responsible for evaluating the physical and chemical characteristics of raw materials, intermediates, APIs, and drug products utilizing approved laboratory methods or developing new methods. The incumbent documents these activities and formalizes analytical methods to be utilized in the future assuring regulatory compliance and transferability. These activities support drug development efforts and the Corporate Stability Program for APIs and drug products.
- Reviews current approved analytical protocols and test procedures for process improvement opportunities and/or new or revised regulatory requirements. Develops revised methodology where appropriate
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analytical tests utilizing approved protocols and test procedures to support the receipt and release of raw materials, intermediates, APIs and drug products and/or to evaluate unknowns, new materials, and/or new formulations in support of development chemists’ efforts (e.g., identification, characterization, degradation studies)
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analytical tests utilizing approved protocols and test procedures to establish and maintain reference and working standards required for the evaluation of APIs and drug products. This includes the characterization, potency, moisture, and purity of reference standards and the preparation, packaging, testing, and inventory maintenance of working standards. Supports vendor contracted to manufacture standards as appropriate
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analytical tests utilizing approved protocols and test procedures in support of the Stability Testing Program for APIs and drug products
- Documents laboratory activities and maintains laboratory notebook. This notebook is numbered, signed out, and is part of Corporate record retention guidelines
- Formalizes analytical methods to be utilized in the evaluation of raw materials, intermediate, APIs, and drug products and creates protocols and test procedures to be followed in future testing
- Performs peer review of other analytical research associates’ methods, results, and documentation
- Assists with instrument qualification, metrology, and maintenance
- Creates, reviews, and/or revises laboratory SOPs when appropriate
Required Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Analytical Chemistry/Pharmaceutical Science or related field with a minimum of 3+ years’ experience in a pharmaceutical analytical laboratory setting
- Knowledge and understanding of a variety of analytical techniques including UPLC/HPLC, LC/MS, GC, UV-Vis Spectrophotometry , infrared spectroscopy, and Karl Fischer titration
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical development for sterile, parenteral products
- Familiarity with cGMP regulations and FDA and ICH guidelines
To apply for the Analytical Chemist position, click here.
If your qualifications and interests match one of our open positions, please send us your resume.
Attn: Human Resources,
3000 Kent Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47906
At Endocyte, we know technology drives succss, but people are the heart of that achievement. We are committed to nurturing an atmosphere where creative thinking thrives and employees develop their full potential. Every day, at all levels of the organization, we work to make each individual feel included and appreciated. Endocyte is proud to offer comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, designed to meet its employees’ needs and those of their families.