VYNFINIT® (Vintafolide) Cancer*
Designed to target the folate receptor to deliver potent chemotherapy
Vynfinit® (Vintafolide) delivers a potent vinca alkaloid chemotherapy directly to cancer cells by targeting the folate receptor expressed on cancer cells, but not on most normal cells. Approximately 80–90% of ovarian and lung cancers express the receptor, as do many other types of cancer. Folate receptor status is determined by a Folcepri® (99mTc-etarfolatide) scan.
Platinum-resistant ovarian cancer:
- Vynfinit® is being evaluated in a global Phase 3 study named PROCEED for women with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer.
- Vynfinit®has also been evaluated in the PRECEDENT study, a randomized Phase 2 trial comparing Vynfinit® + PLD (DOXIL) versus PLD (DOXIL) alone in women with platinum-resistant ovarian cancer. This study has been completed and published.
Non-small cell lung cancer:
- Vynfinit®is also being investigated in a Phase 2b study named TARGET in patients with non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). Results are pending.
Future clinical trials:
- Vynfinit® will be evaluated in women with triple-negative breast cancer in a Phase 2b study scheduled to begin in 2014.
Endocyte and Merck entered into a $1 billion partnership for Vynfinit® in April 2012. Under this partnership, we granted Merck an exclusive license to develop, manufacture, and commercialize Vynfinit®. Endocyte will co-promote Vynfinit® in the United States upon approval by the United States Food and Drug Administration. We are responsible for conducting the PROCEED Phase 3 clinical study in women with platinum resistant ovarian cancer and the Phase 2b second line NSCLC study. Merck is responsible for further clinical studies in additional potential indications
* The safety and efficacy of these agents have not been established. There is no guarantee that the agents will receive regulatory approval and become commercially available for the uses being investigated.